Sunday, June 24, 2007

Captain Crafter Challenge #16


This card is for Captain Crafter's Challenge #16. I am so glad these are posted online for all of us now!

This week's challenge was to do the specified layout using three colors, and none of those three colors could be the card base. The first thing that came to mind was this piece of BasicGrey paper I have. I layered it on the horizontal piece to tie all the colors together.

The blue in the BasicGrey paper does not match any Stampin' Up! blues, so I tried the retiring Vintage Violet, and it was the closest I've come yet to hitting the color. Good thing I've stocked up! ;-)

Recipe: Big Pieces (SU) and Happy Birthday sentiment (Hero Arts); Sahara Sand, Vintage Violet and So Saffron cardstock (SU); non-SU brown c/s scrap; BasicGrey designer paper; SU Vintage Violet and Choc Chip ink; MM brads; SU Vintage Violet stitched grosgrain ribbon; SU Slit Punch.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great card. I really like that patterned paper. The colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)