Friday, August 24, 2007

Stash Dive Challenge

You've all heard of the Hand Jive, right? Well this isn't it. Nope, not even close. This is my own version of what other people have done recently, which is to challenge myself (and others, hopefully) to use up some of that stuff you call your 'stash'! My flavor is called The Stash Dive. Lame, I know, but all the good ones like 'Just Use It' and 'Use Em Up' were already taken.

Actually, I did this as a self-challenge earlier this year, and I have dipped into the heap once or twice, but without much luck. I thought maybe if I went public it would force me to do something. Maybe...certainly worth a try.

I would really love it if anyone else would like to play along. There is only one rule: you must use something lurking in your stash that you simply had to have, but you have never quite figured out what to do with it now that it is all yours. For me this includes a ton of very pretty scrapbook paper that seems to jump into my basket when I visit scrapbook stores. Why do I even go there?! Who knows.

And there is no end date to this challenge. Personally, when I cut into a virgin piece of scrapbook paper, I use only a small fraction of it. Sad but true. So for me to make a real dent, this will be an ongoing challenge. I will periodically post things I have made with The Stash, and I hope you will, too.

So for my first entry...ta da!

I got this piece of paper a while ago and I keep looking at it on top of the nearest heap trying to figure out - of course - what to do with it. First, being non-SU, I had to determine what color(s) to put with it. I thought it was between Ruby Red and Groovy Guava, so I used both! Then I decided the whole piece of paper was still too much, so I cut it up into panels a la this week's SCS Sketch Challenge. That was the perfect solution - it broke it up just enough.

I recently acquired the Stampin' Up! True Friend set from the Holiday Mini and I have been dying (did I spell that right?) to use it. I thought the floral complemented the paper's pattern. As an added bonus, I used some now-retired SU copper brads.

I really like how it came out! Maybe I'll make a few more to sell this weekend at the Farmers Market in a shameless attempt to use up most of the sheet.

Off to play some more. If you'd like to play along, just add a comment with a link to your card. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I really must dive into my own stach- ESPECIALLY to use up my non-SU! stuff!
    TFS,
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)