Thursday, December 13, 2007

Still trainable!

Apparently I am not too old to learn new tricks. Just this past week I finally figured out another secret of taming the beast that is Blogger. It took me a few months to get my uploaded photos to align without big gaps between them. Now, AT LAST, I have learned how to upload a photo so it can be viewed by the naked eye without having to enlarge it. Ta-da:



Recipe: Stamps - Canvas, Peaceful Wishes (SU); Paper - Figgy Pudding (Basic Grey), River Rock, Choc Chip, Naturals White (SU); Ink - River Rock, Close to Cocoa, Tempting Turquoise (SU), Versafine Sepia; Other - Choc gg ribbon, clear EP, misc brown brads, SU Ticket Corner punch, sponge dauber.

It was so easy I was floored! I have been so focussed on the Left/Right/Center option I never noticed that I had the size defaulted to Small. Well duuuuh. Once I checked Medium, voila!

First off, I have to say FIGGY PUDDING ROCKS! Since I am afraid to haunt the scrapbook stores in fear of falling victim to the ever-present "you must buy it all" tendency, I learn about new, cool stuff mostly through enabling threads on SCS. So when I saw people using the Figgy Pudding paper by Basic Grey, I had to go look it up. LOVE IT!

To save myself from myself, I ordered it online from Frantic Stamper. Believe it or not, I actually tend to order less online than I do walking into Recollections. [A moment of silence, as Recollections soon will be no more...;-(] My papers arrived today and I broke into them!

My workshops for this month are behind me, so I have a clean surface for a few days, and I set in to make a few Holiday cards for someone at work. They are supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so I kinda HAD to work on them tonight. Forget that I've had 2 week's notice - I have been busy, ya know?!

So ANYway, that first card above uses ... Figgy Pudding paper from the big pack. I wanted to do something asymetrical since it is opposite of how I normally work. I must have moved and re-layered the sentiment a dozen times before I decided on that layout.

This next card also uses ... Figgy Pudding papers, but these are from the 6x6 pack. I love that these are the same patterns but on a smaller scale, not just 6x6 pieces of the larger papers.



Recipe: Stamps - Supersize Snowflake, Glad Tidings (SU); Paper - Sahara Sand c/s (SU), Figgy Pudding 6x6 papers (Basic Grey); Ink - Versafine Sepia; Other - Clear EP, 1/2 inch circle punch, SU Pewter Build-A-Brad.

After I took the photo and uploaded it to the 'puter, I decided the card was lacking some oomph, so I went back and added a sentiment and a piece of ribbon.

Recipe: Same as above, plus Misc Wine gg ribbon, Glad Tidings sentiment (SU), Rose Red ink (for the sentiment).

So I am pretty happy with how these turned out! I hope they pass muster at work, cuz this is all I have in me for tonight.

I may have to get more of that Figgy Pudding paper ... I really like it!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)