Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Doh! Moment

Today started off pretty well, at least better than yesterday did when I overslept and started out my day an hour behind. (I hate when that happens!) So today I left the house with my Son's birthday card, all written, sealed and ready for mailing. I also had two packages to mail (thank you for buying my stuff!!!), so I stopped at the PO on the way home.

That was when I had the DOH moment. I was so proud of myself for getting the card out and thinking how it might not even embarrass him when he opened it, when right after I slipped it into the ole slot, I realized I'd forgotten to include the little something I always send with my b'day cards. Can you say, "DOH!" So all the way home I had the Mom Recovery Card in the works within my brain.

I checked the mail on the way into the house, most anxious to get the card out of my brain and into reality, and look what I found in the mailbox:


My first thought was, "Wha?!?! A milk carton?!" until I checked and saw it was from Creative Mode, LLC. Remembering I had just purchased some stamps from there, I was soooo excited. Yes, about the stamps, mostly because they are all irreverant, but I was so impressed with the unique shipping container, I had to share!

Okay, done sharing. The idea I had for the Mom Recovery Card was to re-create my initial reaction in ... a card! The cool thing about making your own cards is you can make them say anything you want them to. AND, the creation became a Stash Dive card, to boot, because I used some of the must-have Target Dollar Spot chipboard letters I have never opened. This is what came out:

Recipe: Stamps - Pick A Petal; Paper - Certainly Celery, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Celery DS paper, Whisper White; Ink - Real Red; Other - Bashful Blue gg ribbon, Basic Gray marker, Jumbo Eyelet, Crop-O-Dile, Mini Glue Dots, Target Dollar Spot chipboard letters.

I think this says it all. :-) I started with the letters, and that drove the color choices for the card stock. There was no exclamation point in the chipboard stack (hey - they were a buck!) so I made one using one of the petals from Pick A Petal. I originally had used the Pick A Petal circle for the dot, but changed my mind at the last minute and kicked it up with the Jumbo Eyelet. The blue ribbon on the 'd' covers a scratch in the chipboard, and it really does match the blue stripe in the 'h'. I added the blue layer to make the whole thing look less Christmas-like, then went a little over-board and put ribbon through the eyelet, too.

What can I say? Not my best work (yes, it is a little crooked), but I love it, and it only took about 10 minutes to execute. Gotta appreciate that! Not a bad Mom Recovery, if I do say so myself. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)