Saturday, September 20, 2008

My World

If I am not at work, I am in one of three places: curled up on the couch with my laptop, sitting at my table stampin', or sleeping due to too much of the previous activities.

The other day I printed off 40 City Cards, with plans to complete them for this weekend. When I left for my Saturday market today, I took along my cards to color, time permitting. I had already completed the yellow buildings and a few of the sand ones. Since I only sold two cards in 3 1/2 hours today, finding the time to color the cards was not a problem. I got all of the coloring done except the red buildings and the birds.

When I got home I changed and drove to PA for a friend's wedding. I drove past the church - twice - and finally arrived about half-way through the ceremony. But people came in after me, so I felt a little better. I sat down in time to take a picture of the "I ____, take you, ______... " part. Sweet! None of my other friends could make it, so I was the one to provide evidence that this person was actually getting married. Next to me, he was the last person we ever expected this to happen to. Without exception, everyone I spoke with there thought the same thing. This guy?!?! Married?!?!! You're kidding, right?!?!?! It's a joke, right?!?!?! Even the Minister had that reaction to the news - she told me while we were waiting in the chow line. ;-) But seriously, she is wonderful, and we are all very happy for them.

After two helpings of cake (they were really small pieces), I bugged out to get home in time to go to bed and get up for my Sunday market. But first, I finished all the red buildings on the city cards! ALL of them! The cat has been whining for about an hour that it is bed time. Yeah, yeah, I know. But aren't they pretty?


By the way, those cards fill the entire work area on my Dining Room table. The available space is smaller than that piece of grid paper. You can see remnants of recently completed projects: Copic markes on the left, still warm; mis-punched circles of dotted paper up there on the top that I cannot bear to throw out yet because I just know I can maybe, possibly, use them, somehow; over there on the right are the remaining scraps of purple from my frog cards; and waaaaaay over on the left, out of camera range, is a project I plan to work on tomorrow after I get home from my Sunday market. I shall reveal that if I ever actually get to it.

I hope to have better sales tomorrow (kinda difficult to be much worse than today's ...), especially since I know I will be spending money on food. The Omlette Burrito guy will be offering Gyro versions, and I cannot wait! Also the Bread people from my Saturday market ran out of all my favorites today, so I'll hit them up tomorrow, since they also do the same Sunday market. Yay! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. You had me at cake. Yum...

    Congrats on being productive while business was slow. The houses look GREAT! Perfected your copic coloring already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE cards, stationary, anything like that!

    I love the house cards! Can't wait to look around to see what else you've got.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)