Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Little Stamping

I fell in love with the Hero Arts frog, and I had to make him mine! So as soon as I saw he was part of a set, I emailed Angela and asked her to please set one of these aside for me, and she obliged. She has never talked me out of a thing! :-) I picked him up on my last field trip over the river (the trip when I met up with June), and he's stayed quietly in his bag until last night, when I retrieved him and his friends because I had an idea.

I had seen this sketch, and thought the Hero Art stamp set critters would work well. I decided to grab a pack of Basic Grey Figgy Pudding paper from last year (I have three packs of the 6x6...) and maybe use some of it. This is what came out:

It's a little busy for me, but I still kinda like it. I'll say I used the sketch as inspiration, because I think my circles are a bit too large (I had to pop up two of them so they overlapped and fit on the card!), plus my patterned papers were so busy I needed to stamp the sentiment in between the strips. But hey - I used both my new stamp set and some of last year's papers. Yay, me!

That's it for tonight...I'm making up for that tome I posted last night! Methinks I'll hit the hay early. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)