Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Ferris Wheel (Inspired) Card

Here is my entry for my Ferris Wheel Day card challenge. Now before you cry FOUL, hear me out.

When I first thought about being just inspired by a Ferris Wheel, I thought about a large scallop. I have seen several card sketches that incorporated partial circles, some scalloped, so that's where this all started. Of course, it totally morphed from that point into something completely different...

I started with another pack of Basic Grey 6x6 papers - this time it was the Bittersweet pack, with lots of pinks and reds and hearts and stuff. I traced a Stampin' Up! Carousel Note onto the back of the wildest piece, and being too lazy to cut it out, I figured out the retired SU corner rounder was just about the right size to punch out most of it, so all I needed to do was trim the points where every two humps meet. Huh? I cut it out, okay?

Over the next two days I added the gray layer under the scallops; the two layers of ribbon over the paper seams (that is lace ribbon, and I have a lot of it...think: ribbon outlet...); the cat, which was free-floating until the very end.

Then tonight the rest of it all came together in about 5 minutes. The busy scallop piece was really bugging me, so I cut a partial circle out of one of the neutral Basic Grey pieces to cover up most of the 'busy', then it all fell into place. Suddenly I had a place to put a sentiment! When exiting The Other Room, I stopped by my Box Of Miscellaneous Ribbons and grabbed a length of some fun yarn, and there you have it. I even stamped the sentiment crooked, just for old time's sake. ;-)

And now that I have spent my last grain of energy posting this little ditty, I need to go take a shot of something strong and hit the hay to rest up for another round of The Day Job tomorrow. I bid you g'nite.

5 comments:

  1. Holy Crow ! This is not your everyday CrookedStamper card.
    When I get home I am coming over with beeswax and canvas......you are ready for collage.

    #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Very impressive pattern mixing- I'm not quite there yet. That is one heckuva cute cat stamp- do you know where he's from?

    Lace: a lovely addition to a card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it's TOTALLY ferris-wheel-ish! not to mention: totally fun, totally funky, totally exuberant and totally ♥INSPIRED♥!

    (btw, you keep sayin' yer not at all collagey...and i keep having to point out cards like this and say, "YOU ARE, you know!") (i rest my case!)

    (WV= "bartions"...hmmm...the portions of something you trade for portions of something else?! generally used in a dessert context, i expect...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Lauren should get an award for your collage talents! This card is fresh, fun, and a little, funky-Leslie style :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...this is AWESOME!!!! Totally loving it ♥
    I just ordered this BG 6x6 and now I can't wait for it to arrive so I can play with it....YUMMY!

    OH, and that sentiment is perfect...lol.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)