Saturday, May 2, 2009

Another Non-Standard Crooked Creation

Avert your eyes! Avert your eyes! Non-crooked fare ahead!

That's riiiight! I opened another pack of Basic Grey 6x6 papers, I did! I also used a ton of stuff not usually found on my cards, so this was fun!

Wha? A hospital card?!?! Yeah, a friend of mine decided to check herself into the hospital and have a body part removed. She's pretty sure she does not need it any more, and the doctors really wanted to take it out, so she said 'okay' and booked a room. What a way to wreck a good week, huh?

Since she can be dramatic sometimes, I thought this was the perfect sentiment for her.


And in a total break with tradition, I stamped the second part of the sentiment on the inside! (Sorry that inside shot is fuzzy. I'm still trying to figure out the camera, but the camera is winning.)

Card parts: Basic Grey Mellow papers, white scraps, SU Yellow base (either Barely Banana or So Saffron - it was in The Heap), stamps - bed-ridden lady by CC Rubber Stamps and sentiment by My Sentiments Exactly, SU 5/16" brads, EK Success fibers (from forever ago), Thickers (the frame, and I sanded it to lose the shine), Threading Water border punch, Memento Brown ink, SU Flower Fusion and Flower Fusion Too felt flowers, SU Word Window punch.

I'm off to the Market this morning. Hopefully the rain will hold out until later in the day. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I saw on the comments this morning that #2 was posting from the hospital...having recently refreshed my memory of just how unpleasant that can be I hope she's feeling better soon.
    On to the card...you are really rocking these non-CS cards...I begin to suspect that this talent has been lurking there all along and you've just been lulling us into a false sense of knowing who you are with the other ones!!!! LOL. Really, this is gorgeous and I'm sure that #2 (who I assume it's for) is going to love it....I sure do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i am sooooooo not avertin' MY eyes: i *LOVE* your "non-standard" cards!!! oof. sorry, that makes it sound like i don't love the NON-non-standard ones...which I DO!!! but me being me, i like the ones that go a bit "further out"!

    (see 'cause i sort of START at "further out"...and it can be lonely out here!!!)

    this is AWESOME and will no doubt cheer up said sickie post-haste!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahem ...
    for the record....
    I was taken to emergency and "they" checked me in.
    I really think if I wasn't in so much pain at the time I would have fought them off. But I was nowhere near the form and DH signed it!
    Anyway I am out now and lived to tell about it.
    #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crooked or not, you couldn't fool me! I knew this was a Lovely Leslie card from the image and sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)