Monday, July 6, 2009

What's With The Owls?

I don't know what's come over me, but I am in an inexplicable owl rut. Check it out two of the cards I made yesterday:

More stash schtuff, plus an owl stamp (Memory Box) I picked up at Angela's. It was taunting me, it was. I have walked past it and resisted it several times, but this time, I needed it. It is a little smaller than the other owl stamp I have, plus I like that his feathers have two parts for coloring.

The sample I saw in the store had bling in each of the parts where I colored it blue, but that's a lotta bling, and I am too lazy to do that. But I did go back with a clear gel pen and outline the blue feathers. For some reason, my brain did not interpret this as 'work'.

The sentiment is an older one I have (Rosie's Roadshow) but have never used. I was looking for my "Hoo's having a birthday" sentiment (I think I own one), but I found this one instead.

Did you notice his little ears curled? Kinda cute, I think!

Next I grabbed two of these SU Chipboard owls and covered them with a scrap of patterned paper that was on The Mini Heap. I think the paper was destined to be an origami shirt, but it never made it past the cutting phase.

I used mostly new In Color stuff here: Dusty Durango base, die-cut layer behind the owl, and ribbon; Soft Suede layer; Razzleberry Lemonade DS paper; Dusty Durango and Crushed Curry markers (for the eyes and nose); Soft Suede ink for the sentiment and the SS marker to go over the letters so you can see them on top of that busy patterned paper.

Okay, I am done. Please check out my previous post to see a prezzie I got today from Lydia. Cute!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Now that's just freaky!!! Yesterday I got an SU order with those chipboard owls in it and I was just about to finish reading my favourite blogs and go make a card with them!!! Obviously the saying *great minds think alike* is true :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...I REALLY like both your cards and I can see why that owl stamp must have been taunting you..it's gorgeous! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I should actually USE my chipboard owls :) I forgot all about them until now. I noticed you colored the first owl similar to Farmer's Market lady with the peacock top. I like both color combos a lot. You did a GREAT job on the eyes of your chipboard owl too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by to check out my trials with the stupid wrap skirt! I have chinos, but I just really wanted sometime frilly and feminine. Serves me right.

    Love your owls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooooooooh! yeah. you TOTALLY needed that owl. i'm thinkin' i should probably buy it, too, just so you will not feel alone in your owl-based crafty compulsiveness! (see, i am KIND like that!!!) :)

    of course, neither of these is your BEST OWL EVER...i know b/c i am staring at the BEST OWL EVER. so there. ♥♥♥

    ps: word veri=WHINESS!!!!!! (i am NOT makin' this up...it's like that thing KNOWS ME or something...eeeeeerieeeeeeeeeee!)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)