Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And the Answer Is ....

I was going to post a full tutorial on that technique I used on last night's quilt-like card, but I was successful today in digging up not only the name of the technique, but a tutorial, too! So, in true Crooked Stamper form, I plan to share the joy. But just the links, no new card tonight. Stoopid Day Job had me working late again, and I just got home and need to rest up so I can do it again tomorrow. Sigh.

Okay, the technique I used is called bargello. A good tutorial on how to do it can be found here. A few samples of over-the-top projects can be found here.

In other news, I bought an ATG today. Did you know that ATG stands for Adhesive Transfer Gun? So saying "ATG gun" is redundant, so I'm not gonna do it! :-) Once said item arrives chez moi, I'll take it for a spin and report back.

I think I'll spend the rest of the evening catching up on my 200+ Google Reader blog posts and maybe comment on YOUR stuff for a change.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. That Bargello is so gorgeous and what a great name. Sounds so international; I shall have to say it with my best Italian accent. heehee. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like my bargello tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a card last night with the technique! I thought it was so cool- fairly quick to put together, so I'll be playing with this technique more in the future! And yes, I even put it on my blog :)

    And congratulations on your ATG purchase- I doubt you will regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man! You bought the ATG :) LMK what you think.

    I knew bargello, but every time I tried it, I never got it right. (It has been 8 years now since I tried...)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)