Friday, August 28, 2009

A Baby Shower Invite, and my ATG

Listen, my beloved readers, and you shall hear: THE ATG IS IN THE HOUSE! Yes, I bought an ATG and it is mine. Now, I just need to learn to USE the darn thing.

It is light, as advertised, though it is a bit bulky. I am used to just dealing with my fat fingers and a tape dispenser, or a snail adhesive holder that is smaller than my hand. But this thing is huge, and I need to learn to drive it better.

Just look at that goop I produced. No need for Dimensionals or pop-dots - got 'em all built in to the adhesive. Too bad that was not the look I wanted, but it was for a mock-up, so I am okay.

Mock-up, you say? Here it is: a baby shower invitation. I do just a passable job with certain kinds of cards, and invitations, especially baby shower invitations, is one of those areas. I thought I'd go real simple, so I used one of SU's note cards (the same ones I use for my City Cards) to keep it small but still mailable. I printed the words in light blue on the 'puter so they came out straight. I know me, and I'd make a fancy schmancy card front then stamp the stoopid sentiment crooked. It's what I do, and I do it well. Besides, I do not own any baby shower sentiments, so printing it was really my only option. :-)

The image is from Outlines, and I stamped it 2 1/2 times. Once in blue, once in yellow, and then just the center in blue for the onesie, then I cut them all out and layered them. The ribbon was an afterthought, because I have white space issues, and I felt it really needed something to be 'finished'. I have some mini baby pins somewhere I may pin into the knot, if I can find them.

The inside has printed lines for the Who, When, Where and RSVP information.

So why am I doing this? A guy (yes, a guy) was looking through my baby section last weekend at the market, and he asked if I had any baby shower invitations. I told him I could make him some just like my moving cards, and he seemed agreeable. In general, I do not make something just because someone asks about it. That Day Job does cut into my creative time, so I am careful what I agree to do. But I thought it might be a good thing to be able to offer shower invitations, so a mock-up or two was not out of the question in this situation. He said he'd want 40 of them, so if he comes back - and that's a big 'if' in my world, then I'll have something to show him. If not, then I'll have something to show someone else. It's a good thing to expand one's offerings now and then.

Moving on, in a rare moment I saved a bunch of what I can only call 'paper shards' - yes, they are that small. Look:

Paper shards.


ATG goop + paper shards. Hey, I'm trying!

All my paper shards, stuck down almost straight. Tomorrow I plan to cut a shape out of this and use it. Somehow. I just love these PTI papers and colors, and I just, um, stocked up on some more papers and ribbon, so, yeah, I should probably use them.



Ah, the end of yet another week. I love it when Friday rolls around, until I realize that another week of my LIFE has passed me by. I need to stop thinking like that or it will make me crazy(er).

Okay, off to do a few things before I hit the hay. It is raining again, here, and I hope it lets up a bit for tomorrow's market. I will be sure to let you know all about that on the morrow. :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. you can search youtube. I remember seeing videos on how-tos with the ATG gun especially reloading. I think if you go on www.mypinkstamper.com as well she posted a tutorial when she got hers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!!!!!

    Using it does take a little getting used to, but I would be more than happy to discuss the minutiae of using an ATG with you anytime :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)