Monday, August 24, 2009

The UnderstandBlue Birthday Blog Hop

Welcome to the next stop on the UnderstandBlue Birthday Blog Hop! Today is our dear friend Lydia's birthday. To honor this momentous occasion, I thought I'd do a card (of course!) and I also thought a bit of poetry (with much poetic license) would be in order. First, The Card:

I pulled out the (sadly) retired Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss reinkers, and with alcohol I made the marbled background. I love these colors together, and I plan to use them until they are gone. Thank goodness for that hoarding gene!


Now for the poetry, such as it is. Here goes ... ahem ...

How (and why) do I love thee? Let me count the ways... I love you:

From the depths of my Google Reader unread list;

From my fancy schmancy Google Reader tags;

From the amazing numbers and stats of Feedburner;

From my shiny new Crackberry;

For all the great Tweeple I've met;

From the looks-like-an-airplane-control-panel of Tweetdeck;

From the gleam of my handsome Big Shot that you told me I HAD to own;

For the thought that I might eat sushi and live to tell about it;

For dragging me into the 21st century, kicking and screaming (<-- me, not you), answering all my pesky questions along the way, and never telling me (to my face, anyway) to shaddup already;

For showing me there is another color besides green;

For enriching my life in so many ways in such a short time.

The End.


Happy Birthday, Chickie!

The next stop on your tour is over at Sara's blog. [If anyone reading would like to start at the beginning, that would be Angelique's place.]

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, and I love your poem! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card & poem, Leslie! Your "Other Room" is looking good too! I'm loving your blog & look forward to reading it each day. Always puts a smile on my face.
    Del
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! It is BEAUTIFUL.

    So sweet of you to do another b-day blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, them sonnets!!!! Well done Les, feel a little envious of your brilliance.
    Really, really great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BWWWAHHAA!!!!! LOVE the card - why in the world did I not do the alcohol background with these two before - they are a match made in Pacific Point Blue heaven!!

    I LOVE your poem, and am BEAMING over all the technology love, with my little geeky heart. I love that you love it all as much as I do. I also deeply admire any woman who would kill cable to get a blackberry. Yeah, baby!

    And I can't wait till we have sushi and celebrate the return of Pacific Point Blue as a permanent color.

    Oh and YYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY on the big shot!!!!!!!!!

    XOXOXOXOX

    Lydia

    WV - coutur - My idea of haute coutur is pacific point blue & kiwi kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, it's like goin' to a party! thanks and ;> L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha Your poem is GREAT! and your card beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)