Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Pig for Autumn

Happy Autumnal Equinox, everyone! This evening, I set out to make a Fall-themed card, but if you look closely, the following card misses that mark by quite a bit.

There is not one leaf anywhere on this card, but there IS a PIG! Why a pig? Well, I am glad you asked, because I am going to tell you!

I was asked this summer if I could make some cards for a charity event held each year in Colorado. It's called Kiss & Squeal, and, well, pigs get kissed - for a fee. I am not sure of the rules, but someone said she'd mention me to the organizer to see if they wanted any cards for the event. Sooooo, I am playing with pig stamps and just messing around, trying to come up with ideas.

Have pig stamp, will stamp! I bought both of these at Angela's last week, and as I work my way through my bag of goodies, I decided to ink them up tonight.

The pig is by CHF, and the sentiment is by Hambo. I went in search of a piece of DSP with pink in it and grabbed this striped piece, which I paired with Burgundy. The base is Vanilla and there is a layer of pink under the striped DSP.

Did you notice all those different shapes? I do not know what's come over me lately, but I love to mix 'em up. I'm likin' the look!

Now for my "uh oh" of the evening. Did you happen to notice the whites of the pig's eyes? Wanna know how I got them white when the rest of the card is Vanilla? Here's how: I carefully stamped the pig, die cut it, then colored it. When I laid out all the parts to get a feel for where the ribbon needed to go (not IF IT NEEDED ribbon, but WHERE TO PUT IT), I realized the error of my ways. I had stamped the pig on White, and the card base is Vanilla. Mortal sin? No, but it looked TERRIBLE. It HAD to be corrected.

All I needed to do was die-cut another shape out of Vanilla, then cut out the pig. Easy! The only remnants of my grievous error are the whites of the eyes and the small spot in the curl of the tail. All better!

Tomorrow I hope to get to a Fall-themed card, or maybe Christmas. I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Ach, it is once again past my bed time... gotta go. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. The pig looks great, he shouldn't have vanilla eyes anyway, white is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the white/vanilla error the other day with my Riley Moose card. But the card was complete, so he stays on white. Oh well. Your "error" was an ingenious discovery :)

    I love your card and color combo "sow" much!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)