Monday, October 5, 2009

A Topper for the Tea Bag Holder

Remember this guy? I made a bunch of these the other day, and today I worked a little bit on the packaging. Since I transport my stuff all over, and people handle things before they decide to buy them, I make sure all my stuff is bagged and tagged to protect them.

I have never made these before, so my first thought was "will they fit in one of SU's Cello bags?" And they do! A perfect fit for the Medium, Flat Cellophane bags. If I decide to make them bigger, I'll move up to one of the sleeves I use for my cards, but for now, these work.

Here is my bagged and tagged Tea Bag Holder. Nice fit, huh? Notice that topper? I made that in about 2 minutes. Okay, maybe 3 minutes. Here's how I did it:

Start with a 4" x 12" piece of Kraft card stock. (Yeah, that's sitting on a brayered mess, but since the middle is still clean, I refuse to toss it yet. Deal with it, people.)

I took my trusty ATG and applied tape to the whole back of the piece. Stinkin' easy, especially with a new roll of tape. When these things get near the end, they develop quite an attitude about releasing any stick. Hmph.

I took a piece of tissue paper I have had forEVer and laid it over the sticky card stock.

Then I unceremoniously stuck it down - just gave it a good rub all over, wrinkles and all. I suppose I could have taken the time to make it smooth, but I was just playing.

Then I ran that bad boy through the Big Shot with the Top Note die, and it cut like buttuh.

Once again, the finished product. I am lovin' it!

Okay, back to work - there's organizing to do! When I am done with today's round in The Other Room, I'll treat myself with some more craftiness.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh baby, oh baby, my crafty soul loves this! I feel like listening to some smooth jazz while I read this post...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bits of that paper somewhere...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)