Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Stamping ... I'm Stamping ...

Good news! I have received two special order requests! YAY! Unfortunately, I am behind with everything else AND my Stamp Camps are this weekend. ACK! So I have forced myself to step away from the Twitter and f-o-c-u-s. This evening I plan to show you what I've done so far this week.

First up - another set of note cards:

Saturday someone asked if I had a dachshund image that was not all unnaturally strung out. I thought I did, but apparently I don't. I thought this Rosie's Roadshow wiener dog would work, but he is a bit elongated. Whatever, I made a pack of 5. He's still pretty cute!

Second up - another set of note cards:

Isn't this image great?! It's a sneak peek from a set in the upcoming SU catalog, and I went totally loco and inked it up with some purchased-long-ago-but-just-now-opened Ranger Distress Ink - Faded Jeans. I've gotta tell you - this stuff rocks. I love it! Fortunately for me I have about 8 colors, and now I'll probably open them and use them. What a concept!

Here's what it looks like stamped on Kraft:

I even used one of my SU sentiments I thought I'd never use ... I just don't have a lot of occasion to say "to you from me". I also used a long-ago retired SU note card. I'm mostly using these for my Thank You notes in my etsy orders. (THIS was not a Thank You card ... just sayin' ... before you ask ...)

Moving right along, remember this pile of stuff on one side of The Captain's Table? -->

That red arrow points to some vellum I printed out last month. I figured if I was going to be printing Mother's Day stuff, I might as well print out some for Father's Day while the printer was on and I was in the mood. And here they have lived ... until tonight!

Remember this card?

It used this stamp from River City Rubber Works, called Mom Quotes:

Here is the Dad version of the card:

... and no, I don't have a shot of the Dad Quotes, because I am a Bad Blogger, and I forgot to take its pic. ;(

HOWEVER, I did have a successful SAVE tonight! You see, I was so good, being riddled with guilt and all about the state of my work space, that after I got done stamping the Dad Quotes on the blue card bases, I immediately cleaned the stamp. I DID! Then I, um, you see, before I could close the ink, I dropped one of the card fronts into it, and I needed to get the just-cleaned stamp out and ink it up so I could stamp it again on another piece of card stock. Yes, I am whining.

Oh, and I did it more than once, too. One of the other times ("more than once" can be 3, or 4) I got ink on the back of the card, so I tore off the damaged back saving it for the Scrap Heap, and looked at the pretty-okay-stamped sentiment. Hmmmm. What a waste to toss it, so I trimmed it and stuck it to a white base, then finished the card like the other ones:

YAY! And I even like this one better than the others. Too bad.

So now that all of this is behind me (even bagged and tagged already!), I can start work tomorrow evening on my custom orders.

Thanks for listening to me whine, and thanks for stopping by!

PS: Spell-check only found two "error"s: YAY and Hmmm ... *fist pump*

1 comment:

  1. Yea, rescued from the heap and read for sale. That is a productive evening :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)