Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Marathon, Part Second

Yes, Part Second. Last night I woke up to the reality that I'd failed to get this baby rolling and posted Part First a little late.

I addition to needing a bazillion birthday and irreverent cards for my show next weekend, I also have my December Stamp Camps the weekend after that, so, you see, I really REALLY do need to get my rear in gear this weekend.

This morning I wanted to try this idea from Mary Fish for one of my Stamp Camp projects. I told The Ladies that we'd probably do packaging or last-minute things they could make with materials they already have. I also expedite the December order so if they feel the need to shop based on the Stamp Camp's projects, I am here to enable. It's what I do.

So here is my version of Mary Fish's project:


I liked them without the ribbon, but I like it with, too. I couldn't believe I hadn't even opened my Poppy ribbon yet! I KNOW! I just loooove the Poppy color, and what's not to love about this twill?

You can see a Hershey's Nugget fits perfectly inside one of these tiny boxes:

Wouldn't these be fun to put at place settings, or on co-workers' desks? So easy, too, except that one part of the punch that seems to stay stuck - right at the top where you can see it's not smooth. If anyone has a hint as to why this is, or what can be done to fix it, I'm listening.

I'm not sure who enables who(m) with these things. Do Demos figure out what products perfectly fit the candy on hand? Do candy-makers "inspire" punch- and die-makers to make the perfect tools for us? It's a conspiracy, no matter which way you slice it. All I know is I must have extra chocolate on hand for these projects, because some candy will disappear during the process. "Mistakes", you know. ;)

In other news, I got a clue about some of the UFOs on my table. I did this with those folded paper wreaths I made the other day:

I'm not sure if I'll sell these or just give them away. It could also be another project to use up my retired Christmas papers. Hmmm ....

I also realized all was not lost with the embossed snowflake cards. I can't stamp on the embossed surface, but I can stick something to it! So I salvaged my crookedly-stamped sentiments from other pieces of paper by punching them out, layering them with blue and making these:



I am still not in love with them, so I call it quits with the snowflakes already. I know when I'm beat(en).

I hope to actually make some birthday and irreverent cards today in between loads of laundry. Yes, my life is so very glamorous. I also plan to have a turkey + cranberry sandwich for lunch, washed down by a mini pumpkin pie. I love leftovers!

I'll be back later with more schtuff! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Love your wreath ornament! Can you share the directions? I looked for them on the internet but the ones I found weren't as cute as the one you made. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)