Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Purple Haze - Part 1

Remember how I said I don't really like purple? Well, as I passed the Dining Room table tonight on my way to The Captain's Quarters, with every intent to work on finding the surface of The Captain's Table, I spied these:

... a pile of purple scraps remnants left from making these custom cards. Immediately distracted from my original plan, I decided to use these scraps remnants for good instead of putting them away. Someone must like purple - I know you're out there. And I don't want purple stuff laying around here. I wanted to disappear it.

First, I stuck them all down to pieces of printer paper:

Some of them are in straight-ish lines, and some of them are all wonky, like this one:

Then I spent some time at the Big Shot station with my binder of Nestabilities, and went to town cutting out shapes. I ended up with these:

I am especially proud of this tiny one:

... and I think these birds:

... and these hearts:

... have much potential.

For my next trick, I will attempt to fabricate cards from these purple parts-is-parts. I shall! They say you should step outside of your comfort zone once in a while, right? Okay, I'm there! I'll be back as soon as I figure out what to do with these parts!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)