Thursday, December 23, 2010

Purple Haze - Part 2

Have I mentioned how much I detest working with purple? Specifically light purples. I felt the need to qualify that statement because I happen to love Concord Crush and Pear Pizzazz together, or Eggplant and Celery. I'm talking about the light purples - the ones that are impossible to match. Or coordinate. Or tone down.

This is an example of what happens when I'm suffering from excessive exposure to purple:

I tried. I really did. And I hate intensely dislike this card. InTENSly. (Although you have to admit that sentiment rocks, doesn't it?)

So what shall I do with all those cut-out shapes of purple-ness? Someone suggested I sponge over the purple-ness to tone it down a bit. I suggested using black.

Then the suggestion was to use a contrasting color to draw the eye away from the nauseating, hideous, mojo-sucking pastel-ness of it all. (No, I don't do Easter well. Why do you ask?) The old SU Color wheel lists Olive, Caramel and Not Quite Navy as coordinating colors for Lavender, and So Saffron as a complementary color. Really? Maybe not.

Basic Gray might work. And some shades of yellow do go with a lavender/lilac-y purple. I might try those tomorrow. If I fail, all those cut-out shapes will be trashed. Unless someone wants them. Speak up by Monday or they are history.

Just think. If I can get past all this purple, I might be able to move on with my quest to make a dent in the mess that is The Captain's Table.

I'll try again Friday and let you know how I fare.

Happy Festivus! I guess I've aired MY grievances for this year. ;/

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)