Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jingle Belles Rock - Week 9

It's Jingle Belles Rock week #9 - I can hardly believe I've stuck with ANYTHING this long. And I don't even send Christmas cards!!!!! I do sell them, though, so this is a bonus for me. Totally freeing up my October & November! :)

This week's challenge was to "incorporate text into your holiday creations ... it could be a book page, Christmas carol lyrics, a poem, or even a card that features a sentiment as the main focal point of the design. " Text paper? HELLO! I'm there!

I went searching for a beeeeautiful piece of paper that RuffHaven gave me several years ago. I went through ALL of my patterned papers looking for it, but alas, it was not to be found. (But I did find some other cool paper that she used on a many-textured card ... I should sub-title this blog: "Neat people never make the exciting kinds of discoveries that I do." Seriously.)

In my travels through many boxes, I found a strip of text paper and dubbed it "perfect", and then I made this:

That text, in real life, really does match the Soft Suede card stock. I just suk at photography and lighting. You'll just have to trust me.

Please note that, in addition to the piece of text paper, that flower (which I got out of my newly organized UFO drawer) also has text on it. I soooo deserve bonus points for that one. :) I also used a corduroy button I had to have several years ago, and just now opened. Also notice I've managed to use three different colors of red on this card AND, three different colors of "vanilla". Here's #3:

That's a Naturals White (not even Vanilla!) remnant that I cut with my Top Note die.

I think I still have some craftiness in me, and I found some other cool stuff in my search for the still-missing piece of paper, so I'm off to craft some more.

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Oh now see? That's just all kinds of pretty!! Love all the texty goodness going on here. Your texty flower is just downright gorgeous!! Beautiful card, Leslie. Dang it...now I feel like I neeeed to make my JBR card. :/ Just don't know what to make....yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...you so get bonus points for using text in TWO places! Your card is WONDERFUL and I think you should mass produce it for your craft shows next winter. I love your color combo too; it gives it a vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you most certainly get bonus points for finding a texty bloom to incorporate into your design ... and for your humorous approach to life that always makes me smile ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. indeed missus i noticed the text flower (!!!) right away and mentally awarded MANY bonus points! also ♥LOVING♥ the many shades of red and vanilla...i think it makes everything look so much more interesting when monotone is done in shades instead of ONE color. oh yeah and super-extra-bonus TEXTURE points for corduroy button, embossed snowflakes, mulberry flower, silky & sparklee ribbon...etc! ♥♥♥!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, love the embossed panel and the text flower.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, love the embossed effect and the festive colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the clean elegance of this card and that's not easy incorporating the different text into one design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say that was pretty clever to use the flower stamp with text. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)