Sunday, February 27, 2011

One More VSN Challenge Card

Just to prove that miracles do occur, I found my Taylored Expressions apron/dress die! Whoot! I actually looked up my order to make sure I hadn't dreamed (dreamt, if you are in the UK) it. Once I read the other stuff on the order, I remembered seeing that stuff in my hunt, so I went back to that spot and voila - there they were! Mystery solved; case closed.

So here is my VSN-worthy (made in under 45 minutes) card with a red dress:

I LOVE THIS DIE! I cut another piece with just the bottom of the die so I could make it look like the dress either had a decorative edge to it, or her slip was showing. That's the flip side of the dress paper. ALL the paper is from my still-out 7 Gypsies Vintage paper pack. The Hero Arts sentiment was stamped on the back of a piece of the background paper. I like cutting up the words so they fit better on the card front.

A little story about that ribbon. I was so sure I was going to make a mess of it (not sure I still didn't) that I took a pic of the card Before Ribbon:

It really needed something. I put a line of red sticky tape on the front, started on the left side, and just looped it every 1/4" or so. Before I took the pic I pushed each loop flat so it looked more "finished", and here is the result:

Okay, the loops are actually sticking straight up, but once I put that baby in a clear sleeve, they'll behave better. Hmph.

Wha, there's videos on how to do this? Really?! I don't need no stinkin' videos. Ptfhftft. Or maybe I do. What do you think?

I've pretty much given up hope of doing any more VSN cards this time, because in addition to the apron/dress die, I found all sorts of other things that need to be used first, so I declare my VSN attention span interrupted.

I'll be posting some more MFT cards next, and I may even show you how I store my Nesties, which is not very well.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)