Monday, April 18, 2011

Okay, One More Wreath

Last night I made another ribbon wreath in red + orange + bright pink. I've seen these colors EVERYwhere on the Interwebz lately, and I was given a little push by my pal Mary Dawn when she made this card. As an added bonus, I broke into my box of Every Color Red, Orange and Pink Ribbon But The One I Need and used a bunch of them to make this:

Tonight I gave it a trim, layered it on a piece of A Muse red gingham paper, put it in a black shadow box frame, and ... took a glaringly poor photo of this:

Thank you for your comments on my previous attempts. I used thinner ribbons on this one and I like how it lays better. I agree the wider ribbons need a bigger space.

In other news, I'm planning a trip to Wal-Mart on Saturday, because one alert tweep told me they have the shadow box frames I need to make these, and they are less expensive than Mike's. The Wal-Mart near me makes me itch, but the one about an hour North of here is newer and cleaner and NICE. I never feel like I need to just get out of that one. That's also where I got the container thingies I use to hold all the accouterments for my Stamp Camps; you know ... scissors, rulers, adhesives, bone folders, etc. I might pick up another one if they still carry them. And I also need some BIG post-it notes. And I am SURE there will be things I didn't know I needed that I need. You know, to justify the gas burned to drive up there.

So, yeah, a trip to Wal-Mart is big news in my world. That's just sad.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. even more perfect than the previous perfect one! that gingham is ace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute! I tried something similar in a smaller scale on a card once and liked the outcome but now I've got to try this! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Simple yet eye-catching. The colors and ribbons you chose would go with almost any decor (okay... maybe you could use it in that Goth den now that I think of it...)

    Seriously, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH! Love it!!!

    And I know exactly what you mean about w-mart! I avoid ours at all costs...it's the smell! ugh. Maybe if we had a newer one...when I visit my family in Ohio, tho, well, theirs smells just fine! And it's older than ours, even! Unfair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so freakin' cheerful! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)