Sunday, July 24, 2011

Challenge Mish-Mash

Welcome to another episode of "That is NOT what I intended to make!" wherein I started with a sketch and some other challenges in my grey matter, then did something completely different.

I knew I wanted to start with this week's Waltzingmouse sketch:
but I also knew I wouldn't be using any Waltzingmouse images, so I wouldn't qualify to enter. Oh, well. But it's a fun sketch, so I persevered. I think the four blocks at the bottom intrigued me, since they break the Rule Of Three. :)

I started with some Basic Grey lauderdale papers from their 6x6 pad:

I first grabbed the green piece, then when I noticed the splashes of orange in it, I grabbed the orange piece. I also had this week's Our Creative Corner challenge in my brain: use Black, Bling, Buttons & Bows. I missed that one, too, having not used any bling. But it did make me open and use both my Hero Hues flowers and a package of Recollections (moment of silence) black & white bling, from which I only used some white flowers and some buttons. The white baker's twine is from SU.

You'll notice I only used three flowers, so I was merely inspired by the sketch. I'm pretty sure that's okay, unless part of their plan was to have us break the Rule Of Three, in which case I don't care, since I can't enter the challenge officially anyway, so there. Pfhtfht.

Then I tried again and made this:

I turned the sketch sideways and used four buttons, which is close to the sketch, but I also added a strip of another lauderdale paper, so I broke it anyway.

I'm so glad to have been inspired by these challenges that I don't really care if I actually enter them or not. :) Hey, I used ORANGE, ON PURPOSE, and I didn't DIE. heh heh

Okay, I'm going back in for more. It's still stupid-hot outside, so I'm calling it a jammies day and I'm crafting.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)