Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Jingle Belles Rock #38 - Hybrid

This week's Jingle Belles Rock challenge is to make a hybrid card. For you non-stampers out there, that means a combination of a digital/printed/computer-generated component plus "real" stuff like paper and ribbon. I've technically been doing this a LOT since I have a bunch of digital images I use on my cards, but to make a holiday card? That was a challenge! :)

Since cards have to be posted by 6 pm Wednesday, and I'm not home by 6 pm on Wednesdays, I have to get my card posted by Tuesday night, which is TONIGHT! *panic set in for a while there* So I thunk and I thunk and I finally decided to use a Hambo image of Drooly and some retired SU papers to make this:

The layout is based on last week's Sketchy Thursday at Eat Sleep Stamp:

I colored Drooly with Copics and used glitter pens for his tag and drool. His hat is an A Muse image I stamped onto both red and white felt (from A Muse | Studio) and also onto a scrap of paper. I cut out the hat felt parts-is-parts and glued them to the paper image, then stuck the paper image to the card with a dimensional. Believe me: in my world, this was easier than anything else I could have tried.

Oh, and the sentiment? I actually have a stamp that says that, but it's gone missing, so I had to computer-generate the sentiment, too. :/

Did you notice this is week #38? THIRTY EIGHT WEEKS of at least one card per week = over 40 holiday cards DONE, and only 10 - TEN - more challenges to go! EEEEP! Hard to believe! What's even more difficult to believe is I'll have enough cards to fill a whole rack with one-of-a-kind holiday cards for my craft shows this year before the end of November! SQUEEE! Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with myself, I am. :) So why don't YOU stop by over at Jingle Belles Rock and join us? It'll be great fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Leslie, this card is so cute! I love the sentiment- so clever and fun! Your coloring on that mutt is awesome too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHHA!! Feliz Navidog?! So stinkin' clever. And what VERY sparkly paper!! Love your digi-dog he (or she) is so very adorable with his (or her) jaunty Santa hat. Cute, cute, CUTE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hilarious sentiment ... so fun ... so glad you joined our digi-fun at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute. I have had that sentiment in my wishlist at VLV for ages now. I may need to press BUY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA!!! ok, i love the image (& he's BRILLIANTLY colored... plus awesome FELT HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but the sentiment just MAKES IT, imo! loving this! (& yeah we'll have 48 cards the week after thanksgiving!! we SOOOOOO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!) ♥♥♥!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this drooly guy. And your sentiment totally cracks me up - I have a weird thing for puns. :D Your card made me smile today. :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card!! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally adorable! I love the sentiment and how you made a real Santa hat for him. Tooo cute! Thank you for playing along with this weeks sketch.
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like Glittering Dog Drool! I had a hard time concentrating on the rest of the article... nice-looking card!

    sitting around the holiday "fiersing" (wv)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My.... Sparkles in the drool.... Mmmmmmm, mm.... that image is just too cute!! and love how you have him colored too...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)