Saturday, October 22, 2011

Holiday Ribbon Wreath

I thought I'd try to make a holiday ribbon wreath under glass. This effort serves three purposes:

(1) I will disappear all sorts of ribbon from my Every Color Green But the One I Need and Every Color Red But The One I Need boxes, plus some other colors for filler.
(2) I will use the remaining shadow box frames I'm storing in one of the paths of The Captain's Quarters.
(3) I can try to sell them at my upcoming holiday craft shows and get them out of here, forever.

Here's the first one I made:

Sorry about the glare, but the glass doesn't come out of the frame. ;/

So what do you think? Festive? Quirky? Messy? Should I stop now?

I think I'll make some others that are not holiday-related, like Black & White. Maybe. We'll see how it goes. I'll be sure to show you if I make any others.

Thanks for putting up with me! :) And thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. It's festive and quirky - both good things. And messy in a good way, too. I bet you will sell quite a few of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive! It says home and happiness to me. How about a bow or sprig of holly if you want to add a little something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! how about on the next one put on a solid white background? I was gonna say jingle bells would be cute too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh or on a shimmer white background?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)