Friday, December 30, 2011

So Artful Challenge

I'm on another DT! Whoot! I'm now part of the So Artful Challenges Design Team! I liked the challenges because they are not company-specific, which means I can mix and match all my stash, like I usually do! Sweet!

The challenge for today is to create a card inspired by the following images, with an optional theme of dragon or New Year:

 Source: http://www.saragilbaneinteriors.com/travelfordesign/2010/03/f-schumacher-chiang-mai-dragon-fabric-for-sale/


 Source: Pinterest
Source: http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2011/12/subway-art-new-years.html

And here's my card:

  I took the obvious road and used some Japanese paper I have in my stash. I had to buy it (HAD to) when it screamed POPPY at me, and it does totally match that Poppy Parade card stock! I got the dragon image from the Silhouette online store, and cut it out of both gold and black. The black acts as a shadow, and so the gold doesn't disappear into the pretty paper. See:

 Now it's your turn! Come play with us at So Artful and link us up to your creations!

Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

  1. ooh love! congrats on the new DT gig too!!

    I have some Japanese paper to play with... i may be back :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)