Sunday, December 18, 2011

Something A Little Different

Earlier today I was cleaning up my craft desk (Bwahahahaha! Okay, that won't happen.) Um, I was putting away the Christmas stamps and cut-outs and stickers and stuff and I ran across some of this really pretty SU paper (Domestic Goddess, of all things) and felt compelled to act on a suggestion from a friend. The suggestion was to make Post-It Note™ holders.

Well, knowing how short I am on space, I hesitated. Also, a fellow crafter is THE Post-It Note Holder Lady at all the local shows, so that wouldn't be fair. (It's amazing I ever sleep at night, isn't it?)  HOWEVER, it is a fabulous way to use up remnants, and heaven knows I have those laying around, so I tried one. Here she is:

 All of this was cut from pieces laying on my desk, except the base which was cut from a piece of very heavy card stock - maybe 120 lb. The doily is from Martha, but I also have that die from MFT, so I could make more if I run out.   I also made the button, because I could.

Here's a side view:

 This was ridiculously easy to make, so maybe I'll clean up my desk some more and make more of them. I need to get Post-Its to put in them, but I'll wait until after the holidays. OMG, you'd need to be CA-RAZY to go out there now. I don't shop after Thanksgiving, and I sure don't shop the week before Christmas!

You'll probably see some more of these float by as I continue straightening up The Captain's Quarters. Next up: Valentine's Day. Can you believe it?!?!?! Stamping is HARD, people, HARD! We are always a holiday or two ahead of the rest of the world. It can be quite confusing.

In other news, I've put away the remaining unsold holiday cards as part of the Holiday Purge. I suppose I could maybe, I dunno, write a few of them and send them, but that would be so out of character for me. Hmmm, maybe that's enough reason to do it! NO ONE will suspect anything!  heh heh

Okay, then. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Valentines already?? I guess it's about that time. I love your handmade buttons and this Post It note holder is very much cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post it note holder! You did great on this and love the idea of using the heavier weight paper for the base to make it sturdier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooh! that is ♥COOL♥!!! i refer to both the design (which rocks) & the fact that it's a postie holder, which is awesome! plus the fact that it's ALL STASH that would've had to be cleaned up gives it bonus ninja points OFF THE CHARTS!!!!!!!!! duuuuuuuuude!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)