Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stamping: It's Good For The Soul

This is a tough time of year for me. Not because of the holidays so much, but my craft show the first weekend of December marks the end of my "in person" selling year. When I get home from that show, I empty out the car and collapse onto the couch. It takes me a while to get back into stamping again, and I'm in a funk until I do.

Plus, this year I seem to be fighting a battle of a bug. Nothing serious, I'm just very "meh" and tired. I left work early both Tuesday and Wednesday and took 3+ hour naps both days, so yeah, I'm fighting something. I even took today off so I could nap in the afternoon (that's coming right up after I post this) and I hope to be all floofy-tailed tomorrow!

Just to test the waters, though, I ventured into The Captain's Quarters, and made this:

I warned you the other day I could have an entire week of cards featuring all my uninked and unloved cat stamps. This is the first of what I hope will be many. I've neglected my cat stamps. Dog stamps, too. Dang, I could have WEEKS of critter cards flowing! HA! Maybe I should.

This kitteh image and sentiment are from Magenta, and I picked them up on my last trip to the LSS. Everything else on this card is from my stash. The patterned paper is from the Heaplet, the brown layers are Core'dinations papers with the pretty blue on the other side, which let me emboss it to have the blue dots showing. :)

The two die cuts are from the same blue Core'dinations papers, and the dies were also snagged on my last LSS trip. The store owner cleverly nestled them onto the display next to the Memory Box dies I was grabbing, so they also landed in my shopping basket. They are from www.poppystamps.com, in case you were wondering.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll have a hot bath, followed by a nap. And then maybe I'll stamp some more later. Feels soooo good!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Cute card! It's an absolutely true statement, as well. After you have finished your nap perhaps you could tell me if you had any trouble getting those dies to cut properly. I had one and took it back because part of it simply would not cut. I have a big shot and a Grand Calibur and it was the same way in both machines. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the kitteh card. hope you're feeling better after some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read that you're under the weather, hope you are soon back in the rudest of rude health.......really looking forward to all your kitteh cards, my Dexter said 'about time too'meiow! (sp?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Can't wait to see more of your fun creations to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)