Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hero Arts CASE

When I saw this card on the Hero Arts blog, I just KNEW I wanted to CASE it. so the other night I made this:

(The card base is actually vanilla - it was photographed on a Kraft background.) Since I didn't go back and look at the bookmarked card before I made mine, I'm just saying I was inspired by it. I remembered I wanted to do the Kraft envelope with the hearts.

The Poppy layer was an afterthought. I wanted to leave it out, but I think it looks fine. The hearts were punched with the SU Heart to Heart punch and the Small Heart punch. The envelope was punched with the Petal Card Double punch. The sentiment was stamped in Pure Poppy on a scrap of textured vanilla card stock, and I added the Linen Thread instead of twine to balance out the Kraft envelope. Whoa - a 100% SU card. Whoot! :)

The next day ... (name that song) ... I got my light tent. I also added a heart to the envelope. Here are the "with" and "without"  photos:

In the light tent (filtered light):

I think it looks dark, but the detail is quite clear.

Now with just the lights and the card on white card stock (no tent):

Blech - washed out and ... blechy. I need to play with the camera settings some more. One of these days, when you least expect it ... (name that TV show) ... I'll have a decent photo for you. In the mean time, I thank you for hangin' in there!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love the detail that the picture in your light tent gives. I also like this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this card...the first pic is definitely better for the details...you can really tell how nicely that paper embossed...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)