Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oh, Behave

Are you channeling Austin Powers right now? I am! :)  I went into The Captain's Quarters to make something, and this came out instead:


I wanted to use that Hero Arts flower and matching dies set that I HAD to have a while back, so it's seen ink. Yay. But before I could color it I needed to select the papers I would use. I went to my still-out Memory Box "brioche" papers and found three strips of coordinating paper already cut in different widths. That gave me the colors, so I colored the two parts of the flower with Copics. A few snip snips and the card was born.

The sentiment is from a package of Impression Obsession irreverent words that, believe it or not, hasn't seen ink either until tonight. I was torn between "Oh, Behave*", "whatever" and "who knew?", but I think this was the best choice (read: increased chance that someone might actually buy it and send it.)

Since my photography skillz still stink, here is evidence this card actually has layers:


The flower & die set has two dies that work with the flower image. I stamped it twice, and cut the center out of one of the images. Kinda fun!

Next time I go into The Captain's Quarters, I might actually accomplish what I set out to do. :) (oh, shiny)

Thanks for stopping by!


*Yes, I do believe there should be a comma between Oh and Behave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)