Saturday, May 12, 2012

Embossed Vellum

Here's another card from my Heaplet:

 This one was totally inspired by today's post by Kristina Werner. I knew I had cardstock vellum in the Heaplet, and I had another piece of the Core'dinations White Wash blue-ish paper, so I went to work. First I stamped the HA lace background in Ranger embossing ink onto the vellum and embossed it with white EP.

As you know, I am vellum-adhesive-challenged. Well, Kristina gave some great suggestions for attaching the vellum to the base by placing the adhesive behind the card stock she strategically placed on top. I tried that, and it's in the trash now. Crafting is hard, people, HARD!

Instead, I opted for contrast and tiny pieces of black houndstooth washi tape, at least for the top.

 I liked it!  I stamped the sentiment (by Paper Smooches) onto a scrap of textured card stock that was probably the back of a card I unceremoniously ripped off a failed card front. This happens a lot in my world.

If I'd been thinking clearly, I'd have put a line of adhesive under the vellum that's covered by the sentiment, but noooooo, I didn't think ahead. ;/

See all those cleverly placed pearls?

You'd think I took that opportunity to apply mini glue dots under each of them, right? Wrong. The pearls were an after thought. Sigh.

I sure hope there's no big wind anywhere near this card, or its skirt might fly up. Oooh, that reminds me, I have the fixins for The Pioneer Woman's Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies. I sense a snack coming up here, very soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. very pretty! i love that washi tape. i wish we had decent crafty stores in these parts. SIGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Never mind the glue dots, they probably would have shown through anyway. I like the Washi tape.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)