Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pop-Up Flowers Card



Tonight we learned how to make a very cool honeycomb pop-up inside of a card. First, I made my card. Here's the front:

It measures 3x6. Papers are from the Authentique Celebrate collection. Sentiment is by Paper Smooches, as are the three little circles next to the sentiment. I colored them with one of my blue Distress markers. Bottom scallop is from an SU punch, and it's there because I cut the pretty paper too short. ;/

Here's the inside of the card:

Again with the inside - I KNOW!

Then I went to work and made the flower. Here she is:

Isn't that cool?! It's a honeycomb, and it folds flat! Here it is again, stretched open a bit more:

SQUEE! I made this!

The flower stamped in the center of each petal is from the Paper Smooches Reflections set, as are the tiny circles I stamped next to the sentiment on the front. Leaves are MFT dies. White paper is just printer paper. If I make another one of these, I might try linen paper. Mmmm.

Can you tell I'm having fun? :)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. So completely, awesomely, UBER cool!!! I love this! Please teach me when I come visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful papers and that pop-up rocks (my DD loves these...I should learn how to do it!). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang. Now I "need" that Authentique paper. LOL!! I love bold paper that can BE the design of the card, and this does the trick. By the way, if you use heavier paper for the flowers, I did the first 2 folds like Julie said, then I folded the 2 outside flaps back to get a crease. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cool! I love those flowers. I can't wait to see what your next assignment is.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)