Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Poppy Sympathy

Way back when I was taking the A Cut Above class* from Online Card Classes (Day 2, to be exact!), we learned about window cards, and several of the samples used elements that spanned the windows, which I decided was very cool.

So when Jennifer McGuire enabled me to need the Memory Box Prim Poppy die, I knew exactly what I'd do with it. Today I finally got to that project. Here's what I made:

My still-out pack of textured 2008 In Color card stock was the victim here. I die-cut the poppy out of Wild Wasabi, then cut the flowers out of Groovy Guava and trimmed them to layer over the green. Next, I cut the opening in the top layer with one of my petite oval nesties, then cut the frame out of Basic Gray. I prayed and prayed I'd kept a pack of the Afternoon Tea papers, and I did! Whoot! I cut a rectangle from one of the pieces and stuck it behind the window. I was going to stick it to the base to leave a real "window", but I wanted to stick down the droopy flower and didn't want to mess with a layer of acetate. Lazy.

A sentiment, some pearls, and done!  I kinda like it. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

*Haven't taken the A Cut Above class yet? I HIGHLY recommend it! And, Julie Ebersole is giving away a seat in the class! All you need to do is go to her post and leave a comment by Thursday evening. Check her post for details.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. The flower looks so good over the patterned paper and the frame sets it off quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)