Tuesday, June 5, 2012

SOS #54 - Father's Day or Masculine

It's time for another challenge at Shopping Our Stash! This week we ask you to make something for Father's Day, or just anything Masculine. Yes, I know, it's every stamper's most-disliked category, but this is a challenge, right?! You can use a masculine image, or masculine colors, or ... surprise us! :)

I started out with a sketch for the Hambo challenge:

but the papers I chose didn't lend themselves to a Hambo image. It's still a great sketch, so I used it anyway. :)

Here's my card:

I started with some Memory Box valise papers -- love the Kraft!  Then I die-cut a piece of Bazzill cream card stock with my now-open Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers die, and cut off the bottom of it so it would fit on the card.

Then I went to town. I followed one of the techniques we learned in the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 101 class (see? I'm using it!). The technique is Archival Resist, and it's done on glossy card stock. Well, this piece of Bazzill isn't glossy, and this is how I make stuff up. I thought it was worth a shot to see what happened on non-glossy card stock, and I LIKE IT!  Lookie:

First I stamped some images from the TH/Stamper's Anonymous Mini Muse set with some Archival inks. I dried them, then distressed the whole thing with some Old Paper distress ink (my first Distress ink!). Finally, I stamped the Man With Umbrella image over all of it with Archival Black. I die-cut a piece of black to put behind the Bazzill piece to give it some shadow and contrast.

Oh, one more thing. The sketch had a funky element on top of the two banners, so I had some fun with it and did this:

That's a 1/4" circle punch, cut in half. I'm nothing if not high-tech.

Now it's YOUR turn! Go into your stash and pull out some manly stuff, make a card, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps: Tim Holtz/Stamper's Anonymous Mini Muse
Paper: Memory Box Valise 6x6 pad, Bazzill cream, SU Basic Black
Ink: Ranger Distress Old Paper, Archival Vermillion, Viridian, Cobalt, and Black
Other: TH Mini Cabinet Movers & Shapers die, 1/4" circle punch, Dymo label maker

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card!!! Love the image and everything else about this! Outstanding!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the queen of creativity! Oh, to be a fly in your stamp room when you create! Terrific creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! Love how it feels like a collage. You're the perfect reminder that I need to go back & look at the classes I've taken. I always admire how you put everything into action & make loveliness from the techniques you've learned. (I'm SO lazy!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)