Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Two-Fer Challenge Card

I'm ba-a-a-a-ack! The right paw is mostly usable again, and I'm back to stampin'! Out of the gate, I made a card for two challenges: the current Casual Fridays challenge to use a black card base:


and the current Dynamic Duos challenge to use Poppy Parade, Basic Black, and punches:

I went into The Heaplet and found a remnant of Poppy Parade DSP, then I made this:

Now that I look at this card, I may not be so in like with it any more. Hmmm. Maybe it needed rounded corners to cut all those straight lines. Too late, I've put the white layer on the inside already. Maybe a few pearls or gems?

Ah, well, I'm going back in for some more play time. Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. ohh, this is one pretty and very striking card! I love all the clean edges! I have to work on these challenges myself next! Thanks for the inspiration, and I hear you on the poison thing! My son is super allergic to it, as my mom was. Standing downwind 20 ft would cover them both in blisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and those colors are awesome together! So glad you could play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the darling trio of butterflies. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely CAS design. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black base makes the poppy parade really pop! Great card! Love the big sentiment!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty.. I love the colors and your banners of paper :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card, love the banners and butterflies! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. now this i have to CASE, i hope you don't mind. Bold and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the banners on this great card. The trio of butterflies in the corner is a perfect addition. So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)