Saturday, July 28, 2012

CAS 201

I've been deeply mired in the craft room, making a ton of pretty trash, so when I saw the current Clean & Simple challenge:

I dropped everything (into the trash) and gave it a whirl. This is what came out:

 I had this idea to use some of my growing collection of Thickers for the sentiment, but it wasn't working for me. I used a piece of DSP from the SU Twitterpated pack, because it's mostly white and wouldn't give me conniptions about white space.  In the end, this one got a heart with a sentiment over the top.

I also tried it without the poppy layer, but I couldn't get past all the white, so it got layered.

This next one is a little closer to my original plan:

It's the reverse side of the first paper, and I decided those blue-green letters would work on it. I tried them on top of a white heart, but that failed me, so they got attached to the paper, sans heart. Again, it needed something, so I layered it with a piece of my precious Tim Holtz Kraft core paper.

It's still CAS, at least in my world, so I called them done. I also think I need new bulbs in my lamps. This came out really dark. Sorry about that.

I'm going back in to tackle a few more challenges. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. These are both wonderful but I really love the first one. That little red heart add the perfect pop of color.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)