Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Color Challenge

[If you're looking for today's Shopping Our Stash challenge, please scroll down, or click here.]

I am in the midst of creative turmoil ... too many ideas want to get out. Just when I thought it was safe, I did some Google Reader blurfing and found five more challenges I need to do, and one of them I needed to do RIGHT NOW.

This is what set me off: the current ColourQ challenge:



Yes, I know it contains (gah) pink, and I actually rolled right past it because of that. But then I saw the pattern on the bag, and I got an idea. Then I made this:



Yes, I saw the Hero Arts/Studio Calico Lattice background, and I saw it colored. I think I used Blushing Bride instead of Pink Pirouette, but it's still in the spirit of the challenge colors. 

Then I decided I didn't like it, and I tried again:



This time I used some Distress markers for the orange and red, and Pink Pirouette for the pink. It's pretty much the same as the first one, except the embossed piece is a different shape. This was all I had the patience to color after a day at the salt mines.

Both of the cards are based on a sketch I printed on Sunday, but it has no reference on it, and I have too many blogs in my Reader to go through the challenge ones to find it. So all you sketch challenge blogs out there?  PULEEZE add a watermark or something to your sketches so when we come back to them later we remember where we saw them. kthx

Now that I look at these cards, I am no longer in like with them, and I may need to try something else. BUT, it's out of my system, and I'm moving on.

Thanks for stopping by!


*sentiment is from the SU Happy Greetings set

10 comments:

  1. Fun card and great design. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards, Leslie, I wanted to use Blush Blossom as well, they are so close! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you were so inspired! Get cool.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. That's what happens when my auto edit and my bad typing go on a date. I meant "So cool." *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. you totally nailed this challenge. I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, oh, OHHHHHHHHHHHH! now these are fantabulous! i looooooove the whole idea, i think you've done BRILLIANTLY (in every sense, actually) with the stencil and it's a FAB use of those colors, too!!! i love the panel more on the second one, i think... the addition of the lighter orange is wonderful and the spacing/movement of the colors is AWE. SOME!!! on the other hand, i really love that thicker lightly patterned paper panel on the top one... it just sort of plays up the "grid" idea some how... ok, it's a TIE... 2 utterly awesome cards, missus! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice card--love how you used all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this....perfect image for the challenge! So glad you were able to play with the CQC this week! I think the Blushing Bride is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - Beautiful card. I love how your shape echoes the bag in the photo. Thanks for joining us at the Colour Q this week.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)