Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sketchy Thanks

FINALLY I've gotten to one of the sketches in my "do it this weekend" pile. And this one is even ... checking the date .. CURRENT! Here is the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:

I went straight to The Heaplet and grabbed three 6x6 pieces of paper I decided "went together" and made this:

The orange and yellow papers are from a SAB 6x6 pad, and the wild patterned paper may be from a Basic Grey pad. They all landed in the 6x6 section of The Heaplet. I'm telling you, people who put everything away after each card are missing out on a TON of inspiration. If I can't see it, I won't use it.

The tag is from a pile of tags I re-discovered while cleaning moving things around in the craft room. I put them on my desk so I could see them, and since this sketch said "any shape here", I used one. I broke the seal on my Paper Smooches Chit Chat set and used one of the stamps for the greeting, and colored it with Copics. I opted for a piece of blue ribbon on the tag since I neglected to include a blue letter.

Now I'm working on not one, but TWO cards for another sketch that uses scraps from cutting the pieces for this one. I'll post them as soon as I get them finished.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. A fun, colorful thank you card is always good to have on hand. Love how you made your main panel into a tag shape! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and cheery! I love the colors! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too cool. You'll have to divulge more about your Heaplet methodology. It's intriguing to this collectr of too many scraps"-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you keep this up I am going to have to get some Paper Smooches stamps, so stoppit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and happy card! Love the tag. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your heaplet provided inspiration and you shared this fun card with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)