Tuesday, July 10, 2012

SOS #59 - Extra Fold or Pleats

It's Tuesday, and that means it's time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week we ask you to use more than one fold on your card, or alternatively you can incorporate pleats. There are lots of card designs with multiple folds, and I keep forgetting I know them! Think gate-fold, tri-fold, criss-cross, or go all out and make a never-ending card. Not into all of that? Got pleated ribbon? Ever pleated your own? Ever pleated paper? LOTS of ways you could go with this one!

I chose to make a gate-fold card:

 It's laying down here and those handsome scissors are holding it closed. Here it is standing up un-aided:

I had a false start with this one. I originally stuck all the DSP to the white card base figuring I didn't need a red layer, but then I decided I did need the red layer, but I was out of that DSP, so I had to harvest the DSP pieces from the first card. I actually cut them off, so they have the card base stuck to them, and, well, this card will cost a lot to mail. A lot.

I actually finished the inside of this one:

The pinwheel pattern is the back of the striped DSP, and I've managed to disappear the whole piece I found in The Heaplet. Go, me!

I stamped the main image from Sweet Cake with Real Red, and used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to (mostly) line up  the sentiment:

... and finished the front panel with several layers of card stock to increase the heft of this monster. The panel is stuck to the left flap with some permanent tape.

I added some glitter pen to the cup cake top:

 and for my piece de resistance, I cut out a pinwheel from my remaining 2x3 scrap of the DSP to add a pop of color (and not-straight line) to the front:

That may be my favorite part of the card. :)

Now it's YOUR turn. Think up a card with at least one extra fold to it. Make sure to check out all the DT samples on the SOS Challenge Blog for some ideas! Also, you can check out the resources page over at Splitcoast. I searched for the word fold and got a ton of hits. Not into folding? Go into your stash and find (or make) something pleated and use it! Then come back to Shopping Our Stash to link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: The SOS Crew has issued a DT call. All the details are here.

5 comments:

  1. the pinwheel might be MY favorite part, too! ;) or maybe the glitter on the cupcake... or possibly that dramatically awesome "gatefold" engineering... or the way you've coordinated and matted a whole bunch of different panels that match but contrast at the same time! ok, THE WHOLE ENTIRE THING is my favorite part!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just darling - inside and out!!! LOVE the bright colors and that pin wheel....perfect!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card- the paper is gorgeous and the colors so cheery! I am glad I am not the only one who has to harvest parts of cards sometimes! I just did the same thing last night for a card for work... good thing I don't have to mail mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. L- you can use dental floss to separate layers of DP and/or CS. Works like a charm. I think it cuts the adhesive some how.
    Pretty card, pretty colors.
    Zanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I predict that someone very special will get this detailed card. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)