Saturday, July 21, 2012

SYS Day 11 Homework - Negative Images



I'm still jumping around with my class homework, but that's okay! I'll get to it all eventually. Friday's class focused on negative image stamps, where the image is cut into the stamp, and the background is what gets inked.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:

 I used my SU Paisley background stamp, inked it with Archival black ink and stamped it on Whisper White card stock. I then went into my stash and pulled out these old SU metallic colored pencils I've had forever:

and used them to color in parts of the design. That's it -- that's all I did for the background!

I also dug out a set of stamps from Impression Obsession that included this sentiment:

which I thought went perfectly with the wonky background. I embossed it on vellum and cut it out with a Nestablilities Wonky Square die. As always, I am challenged when it comes to attaching vellum to a card, so I used two pieces of washi tape to hold it in place. :)

Class is officially over, except for the Monday wrap-up, and I have seven days of homework left to do, so I'd best get crackin'!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Leslie! I LOVE how you used the washi.. that's brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vellum, and that stamp - I say that to the kids all.the.time. All the time. They HATE it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo. The use of the metallic pencils really add zing to the background!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)