Sunday, July 15, 2012

Two More Sketchy Cards

In addition to the fabby challenges and tutorials posted at A Blog Named Hero, there's also another set of challenges in their Flickr group. This week's Great Mojo Comeback Challenge #3 is to follow this sketch:


which is perfect for using scraps to make a card. I'd just finished making this one, and had all sorts of pretty remnants all over my desk, so I made TWO!  Here's the first one:

My only failure was I didn't use a Hero Arts stamp. :( But these Paper Smooches stamps were still out, and they were so tiny and perfect.  I did get stuck with what to do for the heart element on the sketch, and then I remembered someone had linked again to the Put A Bird On It video and I stupidly watched it again, ergo: I put a bird on it!  As an added bonus, I opened and used my new Poppystamps bird die.

Here's the other card I made:


I decided to go long (horizontal) so I could make the scraps bigger and longer and use more of the paper left out on my desk.

Important tip: Don't decide to use a corner rounder AFTER you've stuck on the button. Ask me how I know. Well, I did get to use another piece of that orange paper ...

I'm going to link these up over at the Flickr group and maybe eke out another card tonight.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I like that little birdie! cute! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a sketch makes, huh? Love these cards. So perfect for this scrapcollectr! "-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I like the combination of colors and the BG Kioshi paper is one I am hoarding, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! these are FAB! that sketch is awesome, and also, you have totally ROCKED it... times 2!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)