Tuesday, July 24, 2012

You're Still The One

Several years ago I bought the Feeling Groovy stamp set from Verve because all the sentiments are lines from some of my favorite songs. This one is an oldie but goodie from Orleans. Go ahead and queue it up in the background, then come on back and see what it spawned ...

I combined two challenges ... this sketch from iSpy Sketches:

 and this color challenge from colourQ:


And this came out:

Yeah, it looks out of focus, because there is so much shadow. Here is a closer shot of a few of the butterflies that might be a little easier on the eyes:

I colored all those pearls with a Sharpie. I did.

Alright, now, everyone sing along: You're still the one that makes me laugh ... still the one that's my better half ... we're still havin' fun, and you're still the one! You're welcome for the ear worm. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. gogeous butterflies...love the colouring of the pearls too...and the antennae are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Leslie, love all the butterflies, the shadows just add character! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i will be very relieved indeed if "you're still the one" is the song i walk away from here stuck in my head. i suspect, however, it will be "feelin' groovy" and then i might have to chop my head off with some decorative scissors and THEN turn them on you for starting it!!! :) :) :)

    on the other hand, this card is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FLIPPIN' ♥♥♥FABULOUS♥♥♥ you are probably already forgiven. holy wow. those BFFs (butter-flies, forever?!) are BEYOND awesome. sheesh. i LOVE this!!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps: 90% of my copic usage? re-coloring pearls or bling. fact. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know the pearls can be colored... learn something every day!!! it's purtyyyyyyyyy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your butterflies and pearls! Bought this Verve set a while back for the same reason! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness those butterflies with the coloured pearls are so so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous! Love what you did with these colors! We are so glad you were able to play with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a whiz with a sharpie! Look at all those gorgeous little black pearls...and apparently you have the patience of a saint too! LOL Thanks so much for playing along with us at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is really stunning and unique. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card...love your sentiment...and now I have it in my head...love all those butterfies!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)