Friday, August 3, 2012

Birthday Fishes

I've mentioned here before that two of my stampy peeps run the A Blog Named Hero blog. They have some great challenges and they inspire me to use my Hero Arts stamps, which is a good thing! They also enable me to need more Hero Arts goodness, but we won't mention that part. *ahem*

So you can imagine how thrilled I was when they asked if I'd like to guest-post over there, and of course I said YES!  I took the opportunity to break out one of my new-to-me Hero Arts/Studio Calico background stamps, and I made this:

I inked up the Chevron background stamp in four different Distress inks and declared it to be the ocean. That led me to break out my Oceans of Joy set to use the fishies so they could swim in the ocean. I embossed them in black, then colored them with Faber-Castell Gelatos (gosh, I love those things), and cut them out.

My heartfelt thanks, again, to Mary Dawn and Linda for asking me to guest post over at A Blog Named Hero. (squee!)

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps - Hero Arts/Studio Calico Chevron, Hero Arts Ocean of Joy
Inks - Distress Mowed Lawn, Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers, Broken China; Versamark
Paper - Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection; clearbags.com note cards (really!)
Other - Faber-Castell Gelatos, SU black EP, SU Dimensionals, Best Creation 3D foam tape small squares

6 comments:

  1. Leslie, that's fantastic!!! Congrats!
    Love this card - the chevrons are so cute in the different colors like that and I must find those fish now!!! TOO CUTE! Beautiful coloring too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those goldfish...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. L, I think I can say that this is my all-time favorite card of yours! The coloring is perfect. Wow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the GDT (ahem-*WHO* is all over t'interwebz??!?!?!) :) and of course you have done HA & said blog proud with this delightfully fishy awesomeness! (LOVE the chevron ocean!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I love this card, those fishies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)