Sunday, August 5, 2012

Color + Sketch Challenges

I might need an intervention. I've slowed to a snail's pace, but I'm still in challenge mode. I stepped away from the DTGD challenges and did a plain ol' color + sketch challenge combination.

I used this color challenge from Less Is More:

 and this Sketchbook Saturday sketch from Chupa's Random Acts of Creativity blog:

Since I STILL had my KaiserCraft Chapter One paper pack out, the Blue & Green part wasn't an issue. Here's my card:

(Sorry for the glare.) The first thing you'll notice is this is NOT a CAS card, so I've blown the chance to enter into the Blue & Green challenge. Oh, well. On a brighter note, this is a very bright card, even though I now officially intensely dislike it. What was I thinking? I was thinking I'd disappear a large part of that pack of paper flowers, which I did. IRL, these colors look much better together.

And now I don't need to worry about the red heart, covered in Glossy Accents, and if it will disqualify me from the Blue & Green challenge, so there's that...

Here's some detail of the top part of the card:


I wanted to show you the embossing on that top paper. It's divine.

I also plan to enter this card in the DTGD DTGD12Mothermark challenge, so I lied about stepping away from the DTGD challenges. I guess they're here for one more day. I can't tell you the details of the challenge, or the Splitcoast police will be after me, but I think it's safe to tell you it's Olympics-related. :)

Okay, one more post, then I might give it a rest.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is this embossed paper! Both of them really... plus these hand made flowers - sensational!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the paper! now i want it :-(
    This is one beautiful card, the flowers add so much to it. Now i want the flowers too

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)