Sunday, August 5, 2012

DTGD - Double Embossing

Yeah, it appears on the surface that I'm breaking the DTGD rules by leaking the challenge details, but that is not the case here. Unless you're a Fan Club member, you have no idea WHY I did double-embossing, right? Is it a technique challenge? Is it to do two of something? Is it to embellish already pretty paper? Is it to use no sentiment? You have no idea, right? Good, then the DTGD police won't hunt me down. :)

Here's my card, then I'll explain:

 It doesn't look like much here, but look at it up close and personal:

I embossed a piece of Basic Grey Ambrosia paper with a Herringbone folder. I then swiped my Versamark ink over the raised part and clear-embossed it. THEN I applied Old Paper Distress ink in an attempt to color the non-raised, non-embossed areas. It looks and feels way-cool in person. :)

This is for the DTGD12LilLuvsStampin challenge

Technique by MelStampz: A la Peanut Butter Ink Resist

I'm going back in for more! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous from here - I'll have to try this technique! Cool!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! It's so cool. LOVE that folder and the light Distress ink is so nice with that pattern. Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)