Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Easier Than It Looks

While blurfing this past weekend, I ran across a tutorial by a fellow SU Demo Dawn Olchefske (she is famous in the SU world) where she shows us how to make a triple-layered stamped image. And yes, it's way easier than it looks! Here is her post on how to do it, and here is my take on it:

Yeah, it's kindof busy. I really really really wanted to try Gumball Green and Midnight Muse together, and decided to use Baja Breeze as a background color. This is my second attempt. For this one I stamped off the Baja Breeze (ink up your stamp, stamp it on scrap paper, then stamp it on your card stock) to lighten it. BIG difference from the first try:

The background is just way too ... too, here. I also like that I moved the twine down in my top card.

So ANYway, I like this card design. I'll have to play with it some more with different color combinations. In fact, I might have just cooked up an idea for next week's SOS challenge. heh heh

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps - Betsy's Blossoms, Happy Greetings
Paper - Whisper White, Midnight Muse
Ink - Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, Baja Breeze
Other: Dimensionals, Twine by Divine Twine (the only non-SU item here)

5 comments:

  1. well, i learned something new - stamping off...
    It's hard to say which one is better, i guess it depends one one's preferences... I think i like the first one better, because it is brighter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Leslie! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they both look wonderful. I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooooooooooooooooh! ok, i b'lieve ya when you say it's easier than it looks... but it DOES NOT look easy. on the other hand it does look TOTALLY WORTH the effort of learnin' a new thing b/c ♥♥♥WOW♥♥♥ that is FAB*U*LOUS!!! (i like both versions, for the record; thought i concur that the refinements of off-stamping and lower twine do make me lean slightly toward the top one... it's just a bit more... sophisticated, mebbe???) (on the other hand, the lower card does not look like a FIRST TRY in any way at all!!!!!!!!!!) you soooo rock the stampy techniques!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER fantastic!!! Love this technique and those colors and every thing else - FABULOUS!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)