Monday, August 6, 2012

Get Well

Tonight, while straightening up The Captain's Table and clearing out a few dead challenge printouts, I decided to make a quick card for two of them. I combined this sketch from I Spy Sketches:

which is surprisingly still current, and this color challenge from Embellish Magazine:

which is not surprisingly expired, and not my go-to colors, and anyway I was supposed to incorporate buttons, and I didn't. Happy Monday, me.

Here's my card:


I tried to select washi tape that was close to the colors in the color challenge, and followed the sketch pretty much. I added some stitching (influenced by the lacing in the inspiration photo). And that's REAL SEWING, with needle and baker's twine. *pats self on back* Also, the card is an odd size, because I was using remnants of the white and that was the size it ended up, so I trimmed the base by 1/2" to make it work. I like it skinnier!

Some GOOD news is this card qualifies for a last-minute entry into three DTGD challenges (we have until midnight CT to upload). I included elements for the DTGD12Beate, DTGD12BevMom, and DTGD12pinkgirl76 challenges. :)

Okay, I'm off to upload to SCS. Y'all come back tomorrow for the next SOS challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I like the different washis that you used. How cool that sketch made with washis. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those hand stitched "x's" and washi tape is perfect for this sketch! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of washi tape and I love that you added the stitching! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)