Saturday, August 11, 2012

New Challenge On The Block

There's a new challenge on the block: The Cameo Spotlight. Today they posted their first challenge: Summer, and we're supposed to use our Silhouette Cameo or SD to create a card.


 Well, I'm not big into Summer as a theme, but since the challenge is officially open to interpretation, I went with sunny colors and made this:


Yes, again with the neon. Hey, they're still out. ;/  This tree is one of the first custom designs I made when I got my Silhouette Cameo. Now that I've had a lot more training, I'd probably have an easier time creating this, but it's done, and it still works. :)

One note about the yellow rectangle behind the sentiment: I was going to make it a full layer under the banner, but the measuring and cutting was making my head hurt. I really only wanted it for contrast, so why not just ... give it some contrast? I am so lazy.

Okay, I'm going back in for more! Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for playing in our first challenge. Love that tree!!! I just love making my own designs!!! Love the bright background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love the bright and fun colors! Thank you for joining in The Cameo Spotlight Summer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, L. The neon adds a real punch. Score! (And I love your tree creation.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really makes a statement, a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the $50 card story cracked me up. I kinda like the colored cardstock take myself but my favorite is this neon ink one! As for the yellow backing? I think it is a neat design:) thank you for joining us in the Cameo Spotlight Challenge, Leslie, happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leslie! I totally see a summer evening in your card, just when the sun is setting. Love the bold neon colors! So glad you played along with us in our very first challenge at The Cameo Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a lovely summer sunset. Great take on the challenge. Thank you so much for playing The Cameo Spotlight challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card. Such striking colours. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at neon:) I love the look of the tree silhouette over the bright colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Cameo Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neon!! Who doesn't love neon?!! The drama of the silhouetted tree is so amazing against the neon sunset - absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us a The Cameo Spotlight Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cute, love the neon!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)