Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Old School and Cool

When my eyeballs saw the current Moxie Fab challenge:

I knew what had to be done! I started on this at 5:15 this morning, I did, and I made this:


It took me three tries to get a handle on the Liquid Pearls, so I kinda had some practice, which is why these are pretty evenly applied. I also had to use Stickles for the blue-ish green since I have no blue-ish green, a situation I have miraculously corrected with a bit of retail therapy. *ahem*

Because I got the dots mostly straight and even in size, here's a close-up:

Yes, I'm very proud. *puffs out feathers*  I used Liquid Pearls, Stickles and a Viva Pen for the different colors. And in case some of you are too young, that red thing at the top/back of the photo is the ribbon. I know this because I've changed them in my lifetime, on manual typewriters -- pre-electric. Manual <> electric. So I used a red glitter pen on the ribbon part of the image.

This card was so fun to make! Thanks to Cath and all the gals at Moxie Fab World for the great challenge!

And thanks for stopping by!

23 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SO PATIENT! This is great. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puff those feather out all you want because this is smashing!!!! LOVE IT. Those liquid pearls look fabulous on here! Why can't I be so creative!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie (paper24x7)August 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM

    holy cow! You officially cured yourself from the liquid pearl disability :-) Love it, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loooooove it! thanks for playing along with our challenge #9 at A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  5. *giggle* you puff those feathers, girlie! I LOVE IT! The sentiment is fab, and so is the washi background - you should link up with Catered Crop too, their challenge this week is washi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the liquid pearls! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card!
    Love the typewriter keys...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! You rocked the Movie Fab challenge :D I love the typewriter, and how CAS you kept the card, yet I know it was anything but simple ... Thanks for playing along with Catered Crop

    ReplyDelete
  9. great use of washi tape and the keys on the typewritter is brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg! omg!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sooooooooo tottally awesome and cool! (b/c i am old school too & LOVE my manual typewriter... just changed the ribbon last week... i felt like a victorian secretary!) ♥♥♥♥♥ this card! BEST CARD ever!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great job on coloring the keys (and I love the glittr ribbon)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super job on coloring those keys and love the washi tape bringing in more of the colors behind your cute typewriter :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! I wondered if someone would find a way to bring color to the keys-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, love the washi tape! Thanks for playing along with Challenge #9 at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the pearls on the typewritter. congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Missed this one on my look round. Love what you did with the pearls- you've some patience! Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wooot!! Your card is *almost* as cool as you. :D Love it!! All those Liquid Pearls on those teeny keys? Wowza!! Beautiful job, Leslie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on winning Trigger Target! Great cards always do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great card! The effect of the liquid pearl on the keys is so great. Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your typewriter keys! Contests on your Moxie Fab shout out!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)