Tuesday, August 21, 2012

SOS #65 - SKETCH

Happy Tuesday! It's time for another challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week is a sketch challenge, but we're not dictating which sketch you should use. That means you can use any sketch you want as long as you can link to it. It can be a current sketch for a challenge blog, or an old one you haven't gotten to yet (*ahem*), or a favorite go-to sketch. There are a TON of sketch challenge blogs out there. If your Reader isn't filled with them like mine is, head over to Allison's blog and look for the Sketch Challenge linky she posts on Sundays. Another great source is Feline Playful, or Operation Write Home, and let's not forget Splitcoast has a sketch every Wednesday. LOTS TO CHOOSE FROM!

I chose an expired (of course) sketch from Sketches In Thyme:

Yeah, it's square, and it's a scrapbook layout, so I adapted it to the smaller area of an A2 card and made this:

I was totally influenced by the red, orange and yellow elements of the sketch, and knew I wanted to break out my washi tape. I was momentarily stumped when thinking about what color to use under the sentiment, but that blue (perhaps it's Bermuda Bay) was out on top of The Heaplet, as was the other piece I used as a base layer, and now it's not.

The strategically placed pearls were intended to hide a mystery black dot on the white piece, but I either took a worse-than-normal photo, or I missed. :(

So now it's YOUR turn! Go forth and find a sketch to use, make a card, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made. Please remember to include the link to your sketch!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. ...or one of the pearls slipped... sometimes they are not anchored to their adhesive as well as one might hope... i do ♥LOVE♥ having the little scattering of them, tho!!! actually i love EVERYTHING about this, and yeah, the blue is an inspired choice for a contrast color! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washi tape, pearls, cute sentiment, and bright colors - makes me happy all over!! Adorable card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the pearl slipped too. Happens all the time! I really love the blue 'anchoring' colour, and from the Heaplet? Even nicer. I am starting to wonder how much washi you've managed to collect there....I'm trying very hard not to indulge in it too much, but man, it's so fun. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie - I love this card! Such a great color scheme! And good job getting that scrap off the top of the pile! Now the pile is a little smaller :) I love your pearls on there and I think the pearl slipped too. The little guys can have a mind of their own!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool card as usual! I love the colors on the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep...gotta get me some wash tape...but will I rock it like you??? Doubtful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when people can turn a scrapbook sketch into a card...I can't successfully make it happen, at least not usually...but you nailed it!!! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)