Saturday, August 18, 2012

You're A Hoot

I've been working on challenges today, and most of my attempts are in the trash. However, a few did make it out of The Captain's Quarters, and here's one of them:

The white piece with the owl was salvaged from a card that ended up in the trash. The card was hideous, but it wasn't the owl's fault. He's a cutie from a Cornish Heritage Farms (CHF) Kim Hughes set called Pretty Birds.

All the circles piled up there are based on this sketch from Clean & Simple:

... but I used that white square for the sentiment. Hey, it's off my desk! :)

I chose the Basic Grey Hopscotch papers because of their colors, which sorta kinda go with the current Moxie Fab World: Tuesday Trigger:

Well, they are in the spirit of these colors. :)

Oh, and about that line across the top of the yellow layer? It comes that way. I just wasn't paying attention then I chose to cut the paper in that direction. ;/

Okay, two more challenges to post. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Cool sketch! I didn't notice the line on the paper until you mentioned it ;) i have that CHF stamp set; they stamp beautifully and you know I love owls. they may have to come out and play! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the circles - that sketch is fab! And this owl...I have 'him' in 2 sizes, and I can't get enough of his disapproving glare. Love him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card Leslie and of course, I love Kim Hughes' work. He's the perfect image for your card.

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Clean and Simple Stamping Blog (Fall to Layout). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Leslie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)